This one's for you mom... wake up, or you'll miss the "Grape Day Festival"
I think that must be like the Garlic Festival, or maybe like the Date Festival. But this one, I actually took the girls to. Lots of vendors/booths. I bought an awesome new necklace. Not a butterfly, it's flower, but it'll do. It makes me smile. I wear it and PJ likes to hold it. She does not pull it, just holds it in her little hand. I also bought a pair of new earrings. I can't wear them around PJ as they are good for pulling. But they are wonderful!
There were fun things to do for the kids also. We were going to stomp grapes with our feet, to make wine. We wanted to do it last, as there would be some dirtiness involved, and who wants to walk around the whole festival at Grape Day Park, with grapey feet? Not me. But by the time we left, it was well over 100 degrees, and we were ready to go. And just plum forgot. So no stomping of the grapes for us. We did however eat some wonderful organic grapes. YUM YUM YUM. PJ even liked them!
This was the boy scout's rope walking 'booth'. Audrey was slow and steady, and Jazmin was fast, fell once, get to the end!
This was a karate booth, where the kids got to try and break a piece of wood with their hand. Jazmin did great! Clean thru first try! Audrey on the other hand, tried and tried and tried... eventually the person working the booth, broke the wood for her.
This was the painful bouncing around after the first attemt.
We ended up at the Grape Day Playground.
There is a great 'vine' for the kids to play on!
And a slide that looks like a bunch of grapes!
A military tribute statue. Audrey got a slight burn when she touched the metal.
We were also going to eat but choose to go to Red Robin instead, where we could sit at a table, have cold water, and someone wait on us. What a great way to spend a Saturday afternoon!
2 comments:
You guys always have so much fun! I wish I were part of the Pushkar family! Can I at least be an honorary member??
You already are a member of our family.
Post a Comment