Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Wilderness Ride?

I could not sleep last night- all I did was toss and turn for hours. So when the sun was up and the fog had burned off enough, I strapped on my tennie-runners and went for a bike ride. Remember the show Men in Trees? Remember how Marin would ride her bike thru the tiny Alaskan town and see beautiful parts of this great country? I did that today. Only not in Alaska. I rode down the street, and had to stop for the passing herd(?) of deer. Further on I was met with a field full of horses. A couple blocks later, I was chased a bit by a rooster, who had a lot of early morning sounds to be making. Finally there were these beautiful birds that were flying over me. The ends of their feathers were white, just something I noticed, while I was worried they were going to poop on me. They didn't. Whew! I rode about 2 miles, and made it home in time to eat breakfast! That was one crazy wilderness ride- if country back roads counts as wilderness.

No comments: