Sunday, March 7, 2010

Wonderful relaxing Saturday

I had a wonderful Saturday! I woke up to a beautiful yummy pot of coffee! I then left my girls at home to play with Daddy, while I headed out shopping. It's not often I get away alone. It's even less often that I feel like shopping with that alone time. Yesterday I did. I shop, did I ever! I went to the closest mall. I'm not a big fan of any of the malls here. It's just not the concrete utopia of the malls from my hometown. So I went to the mall closest to my house. Which also happens happens to be outdoors. I heart outdoor malls. Not, strip malls. Not an area of stores. No, malls that are designed to be called Outdoor Malls. And it was raining. 2 points!
The first store I went to wasn't as successful as I was hoping but the second and third were more then I could have expected. Where I went doesn't matter. What matters, is I had fun, shopping, by myself, at the outdoor mall, and it was successful. I got what my husband calls, "All Grown Up".
I didn't look at my watch once, and I didn't think about the kids. I enjoyed my alone shopping time.

Saturday evening was an extension of a great time. We had our littlest miss scheduled for a Parents Night Out evening of care. We had hoped to put all of our misses in this facility so we could have a real Parents Only Night Out. Alas, this clearly didn't work out. The age span of our girls is proving a problem, too young, too old, etc. I was also thinking about using more than one facility to get this mecca of alone time with my husband to happen. No go. The multiple facilities don't have even one hour of over lapping time. Boo. Double boo. So we made do, with a Parents Night Out Plus. We went to dinner. Our first choice had a suuuupppper long wait, so we went next door to Panera. Bonus: we got breakfast for Sunday! We spent the whole time eating, laughing. Loudly, laughing. It was fun. I challenged our guests to see if they could pick out the actress common to tonight movie, Alice in Wonderland, and to them a classic, Harry Potter and then etc. We then ran thru the parking lot in the rain to the movie. Waiting in a giant line. At last the movie started. Roll credits: then came the guesses. They were all wrong. Not even close.

All in all I had a wonderful relaxing Saturday. Full of laughter and a tiny bit of mystery! I hope your Saturday was as fantastic as mine.

1 comment:

T. Bortz said...

That sounds like a fantabulous Saturday! Although, ONLY YOU would be happy about it raining at an outdoor mall ... :). Crazy girl :).