Another icon has left us today, for the great big stage in the sky. Rue McClanahan passed away this morning. I never had the privilege of meeting her. I still hope that I will someday. Rue McClanahan is best known for her portrayal of Blanche Devereaux, Golden Girls.
Golden Girls has been a part of my life for as long as I can remember. Very specifically the girls helped me come full circle. As I was sitting at my mother's kitchen table preparing my wedding dress I was also watching Golden Girls reruns. My mother was going thru an old box of my art work and school work from elementary school. In that box was a time line, of my favorite things in 4th grade. Listed as my fav tv show, The Golden Girls.
The Golden Girls helped many of us little girls. The ladies were our friends, our mothers, and grandmothers- when ours were unavailable. The ladies still are, thank you reruns.
The Golden Girls was the original Sex and The City.
Safe Journey...
Peace~ Ms. McClanahan~ Peace
1 comment:
Ok that just made me cry a little. I love those ladies too!! Lots of good memories with them.
Post a Comment