Tis the season! Sending the kids back to school! It's the most wonderful time of year! More teachers, more books, and not to mention new back to school supplies. I'm a sucker for new pencils and pens! The first day of school we get up a little bit earlier then necessary, cook a big breakfast and take a few pictures, I even make the kids lunches, and drive the kids to school. The whole nine yards. The kids might spend an extra few minutes picking out their clothes. Or grab a few extra looks in the mirror. Just to make sure.
The question at the end of all of this; when does the new school year euphoria end? When do I get to sleep in again? When do the kids start walking to school again? When do the kids take over the responsibility of making their own lunch again? When does the 'shiny new school year' turn into just another school year? The second day? The second week? The second month?
I wish I could remember how long the smell of the new school year lasting on me. But for the life of me, I just can't recall. I also can't seem to recall what we have done in the past years. What I do know about Back to School... it's great the kids are back at school. The house is quiet for some time during the day. I get some chores done. I get to hang our with my friends again! And there may or may not be a nap happening in the afternoon again. I also know that I am 4 days into the new school year, and already I am tired of pampering the kids in their back to school newness. It is time for them to make their own lunch again!
No comments:
Post a Comment