Saturday, February 18, 2012

Org Junkie Room Challenge: Progress Week 2

Progress Check!  If you are looking to get caught up on all the fun:  The Challenge is from Organizing Junkie

You can see the start of my journey here and my first progress check here.

This week my focus was on the O (organize) and C (containerize) of the whole, PROCESS. Working on the room this week, has proven difficult for me. I still have my motivation, so that wasn't the issue. No, it was more a feeling of, "What next"? I was at a loss of what organize and containerize meant to me. I couldn't go out and buy a bunch of new boxes, or desk, or interesting dividers. What I found was a dresser, in my daughter's room- that wasn't being used... much. So we emptied it out, sanded it down, painted it, with left over living room paint, and voila!


This 'new' dresser has been re-purposed into our new sewing dresser. It is the proud owner of material, needles & thread, and sewing accouterments. All that used to be housed in two large 58 Gallon totes and several plastic bags. While going thru these totes and bags, I had a lovely 15 year old daughter assistant. This gave she and I a wonderful opportunity to spend some quality time together.  I actually heard her say, "Mom, your enthusiasm is contagious".  That. Made. My. Day.
Laughing + Sharing + Smiling = Happy Mommy
 


Next came time to start putting some of the craft supplies back in the closet.

I even got a new shelf in there! That will soon hold all the kid, 'no permission needed' craft supplies. I have also started to pay attention to the shelf the supplies are kept on. The most used need to be more accessible, then they were before. While at the same time, the least used, can go up higher.

I am still looking to use my old bookshelf, in a new and fancy way. It too, got a light sanding and a new coat of the same living room paint.


Finally, my two favorite parts of the room this week:

No comments: