Monday, February 27, 2012

Pirate Princess Party

This will be the first of my party blog posts. I love to reach back to my catering days, and fuse that with my Mommy days, and produce a whole creative and inspired party, for my daughters. This one features my Pirate Princess. That's what she wanted. Pirate Princess. Not Pirates and Princesses. No, Pirate Princess. I didn't find a whole lot, on that theme specifically. I found a lot of Pirates. I found a lot on Princesses. But very little on Pirate Princess. So, with out further adieu, here is my interpretation of a Pirate Princess party for a preschooler.

As guests pulled up, there was a giant 'X-Marks' the spot X. I simply made it out of left over 2x4's found in the garage, and painted them red. On the front door, was a banner I made, that read, "Ahoy". I did not get pictures of either of these things.



This was the tablescape. The banner reads, "Happy 4th Birthday PJ" I found all the paper in the clearance section at Target. Cut down the pieces, punched holes with fun shape punches, and used twine to tie it all up. My trusty cricut cut out the letters.



1. I served, triangle sandwiches.  Peanut butter & jelly.  Egg salad.  Cream Cheese & jelly.
You see there on the right, is also a topiary of dumdum's, a glass with red vines, and a steamless wine glass with pixie sticks.  (swords- you know)  Barrel juice, with straws. 

2.  Cupcakes, baked in ice cream cones.  Jolly Bird Bananas:  frozen banana slices, dipped in peach juice and rolled in crushed frosted flakes- served with tooth picks.  Walk the Plank: celery sticks, cream cheese and raisins. Cannonballs: peanut butter, powdered sugar, rice krispies mixed together and dipped in shaved coconut, served cold.

3.  Bottle Water: with the label, Pirate Grog

4.  More of the same paper from the banners, rolled into cones, and filled with none other than, Pirate Booty.  Another cup with rid vines.  And finally salt water taffy skewers.  (each child will get to take one of these home, in their good bags)



A simple treasure chest cake.  Two sheet cakes, off set.  Iced with brown icing and decorated with M&M's.  The bottom cake has the middle cut out, and filled with treasure and jewels.



At the very last minute, my Pirate Princess, asked for a pinata.  So, Daddy made this over night.  Old cardboard boxes, paper machie, sticks from the yard, card stock, and tissue paper.  He made a little too well- because I had to beat it apart, after the kids failed to make a single dent.




I covered our wet bar nook, with a black plastic table cloth I found at the Dollar Store.  Again, another set of banners with the same paper.  This one says, "Pirate Loot".  This is where the presents were placed.





Finally, my Pirate Princess. In a Pinterest inspired photo, with a collection of her favorite things, at the time, walking the plank.

I hope you enjoyed my take in a Pirate Princess Party.  Have you put together a party, that was a difficult theme that turned out beautifully?  Tell me about it in the comments, link your post if you'd like.  I would love to hear about it!  Happy Party Planning!  

No comments: