Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Homeward Bound

Seattle holds a special place in my heart, and I think I will always refer to it as home. I was lucky enough to be able to take a trip on my own, to my RHS reunion, and spend sometime with my life long friend Taj. It could not have come at a better time for me, or for her. We spend to many years apart between our visits. I needed a little R&R and we both needed a little time together, to bask in each other's light.

Taji has an obsession with knitting. Here is just a TINY portion of her obsession. There are several more spaces full.

It rained while we were at a farmers market, and it was glorious. So this was taken thru the car windshield.

I was taking the picture first, and she copied me!
So once the rain came, we thought it would be best to stop and get some ice cream.

A little Kirkland art, again thru the car window.

A rare sight indeed... Taj reading.

Pasta needed to be kneed well.

LOOKIE! Spaghetti!

Our pasta had to be hung somewhere? right?

silly picture taking. at least I knew how to use my timer! (thank you Alison)

and last for this trip, was lunch at where else, but...

I also took a few pictures of my old house, for nostalgic reasons. Looks a bit over grown if you ask me. My Mom always had her yard and garden beautiful.

I wanted to get a shot of a slug, and a squirrel, but the squirrels kept running from me. I used to be able to feed them out of my hand...what happened to NW squirrels? But this one's for Robert. (I actually ran back to the car to get this, and Todd helped me with the macro/micro somethingarather to get it to show up, and not look like a pooty). And it was dark, very very dark.

1 comment:

T. Bortz said...

Ah, memories (have you already gone home? Is it already just another good memory?). I wish you lived here. Your account of the visit just reminds me of how much fun we had and how much we laughed. And oh, aren't we sometimes stupid? Especially together? I just realized that eating ice cream on a rainy day was ... ok, a bit strange. But there are so many rainy days here! I have to eat ice cream occasionally!