Saturday, August 2, 2008

Tide Pools Tide Pools Tide Pools Everywhere

What to do on a lazy August Sunday afternoon? When no one has any plans, and everyone is a little SeaWorld'ed out? Why go to the Cabrillo National Monument of course!!!
Robert recalls going often as a kid, to jump around the tide pools, but that was before the tide pools were part of the monument. The last time Robert and I were there, was when Alison came out to meet PJ back in November '07. So we loaded up our water, and spend a fun afternoon, taking in the ocean, scoping out the sailboats, and spotting lots of little crabs running for their lives from the many tourists that were there.

(I guess we have to go back in September when the guides say is the best time of year to hang out at the tide pools).

I did however make sure to check the tide charts on line before we left, to at least make sure we were not going there, during high tide. My Gammer would be proud.

Audrey made sure to take adequate notes, for the "What I did during summer vacation" essay she is bound to write in the fall.

Jazmin sat and contemplated.... something.

Paytin took a nap.

I have a final thought...

Cabrillo National Monument, you ain't got nothing on Pirate's Cove! Those are some good tide pools!




No comments: