Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Remember & Enjoy

If I take nothing else away from today but to remember and enjoy, I am grateful. We had a playdate at the Cabrillo National Monument tide pools today. Simple, you think. Let the kids explore during low tide, have a picnic lunch- and they nap the afternoon away. No different then going to the playground. The event was simple- the practice of the event was simple. Seeing 3- two year olds explore tide pools was fascinating! They were all interested in different parts of the tide pools. First was the lone boy- he was interested in the crawling creatures, picking up rocks and looking at what was under them. The other little girl friend, that was with us, was not interested- at all. She didn't want to get wet, get dirty, etc. Then there was PJ. Her sole interest was in playing in the water. It didn't matter how- her feet, her hands, her bottom. I tried to get her interested in picking up hermit crabs or touching the sea cucumbers, she loves those things at SeaWorld. Nope. The movement of the water is what I think she was drawn to. Watching this young group of friends, all doing their own idea of fun, while in the same area, reminded me to enjoy the small things. Enjoy just the mere presence of your friends. Enjoy the beautiful environment we are in & the beautiful weather. Enjoy the movement of the water. Enjoy the tiny crawling creatures all around us. Simply- Remember to Enjoy ____________.

1 comment:

T. Bortz said...

We are all wonderful individuals! That's one thing I love about you. You always do something different than what I would have done. I feel like I'm always learning a new way to live better from you.