Friday, September 14, 2012

Big girls Bento vs. Little girl bento

I think I told you all how my middle daughter, Matisse,(12) and I are working on lunches together this year.  She makes her lunch as well as her older sisters in the evening.  I make her little sisters in the morning.  This week we used all the same ingredients and she took pictures of hers as well.  Matisse normally plans the weeks lunch menu as well each weekend, with a little help from me.  With out further yada yada... here is this weeks bentos: big girls vs. little girl.

 





First is obviously the big girls lunches, then the little girl.  
Drumsticks, or chicken legs as some call them, with watermelon chunks, fresh spinach and a little sauce container with dressing: for dipping that spinach.  Matisse added bamboo picks to hers.  I added shredded cheese and a bright yellow bunny pic, after I shredded the meat off the drumstick. 





This week we tried to K.I.S.S. (Keep It Simple Silly).  Tuna fish sandwiches, orange slices, & celery.  The big girls have special dip (cool whip mixed with raspberry jam) and the little girl has PB and peanuts on top of her celery, as well as a few requested grapes.  Her sandwich was also suppose to be a heart, not really sure what happened there.  

 

Here we have our homemade pizza pockets (look for a post soon about how to make those) with chocolate, banana, and white chocolate chip muffins (again, post coming soon).  Green apple slices, and carrots with ranch dip.  The only real difference between the two is that I cut the little girl's pizza pocket to help cool it down.  She doesn't like hot food, temperature or flavor.


Only on picture from Thermos Thursday.  I guess Matisse didn't think a picture of thermoses would be of interest to you.  LOL.  These weeks smoothies were the classic Strawberryana.  Apple juice, strawberries, bananas and soy protein.  Yum!  Their thermoses were filled with left over, Grammie's Famous Shrimp Fried Rice.  



The top picture of the big girls,  bottom is little girl.  Every one's favorite, PB&Jelly, grapes, spinach and dip, apples, and chocolate, banana, white chocolate chip muffins.  Hmm... I don't see any apples in the big girls lunches.  Maybe she forget them.  Well there you have it.  I cut the little girl's sandwich into a cupcake shape, with the Lunch Punch SWEET.

I hope everyone is getting into the swing of back to school, and enjoying the last few weeks of summer.  Show Matisse some love and let her know what you thought of her lunches.  Enjoy!

1 comment:

Alison said...

Great job, Matisse! They look yummy!