Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Snack Box

This week, Lil Miss talked to me about how she 'saves' some lunch.  After some investigative parenting, I discovered she saved a few items from her lunch to eat at snack time.  Does her class have a snack time in Kindergarten?  No.  They are allowed to eat during their recess if they want to, however.  AHA!  I have now also solved the mystery as to why there is sand in her lunch box sometimes!

I started packing a little extra in her lunch, just for recess (read- snack time).  Then she wasn't eating it!  (Cue the: WTH? Mom music please!)  She told me she didn't eat snack everyday.  (duh!)



So Lil Miss and I came up with a compromise.  (tada!)  She choose a small Lock and Lock box, to put shelf stable snacks in, and keep in her backpack.  If she eats it: GREAT!  If she shares it: GREAT! If she doesn't eat it: GREAT!  It will still be there tomorrow.  I will check the box from time to time, or she will tell me when she eats or shares it.  There is always am empty wrapper after she eats it also.  Which tells me she is keeping track of her trash, and not littering the  playground with her snack trash.  SCORE!



A small box, just in the front (unused yet) pocket of her backpack.  Easy to get to at recess and doesn't have to pull out her lunch box.  Maybe now her lunchbox won't come home filled with sand!  

Tell me, does anyone else pack a little extra for sharing or snack time?  


2 comments:

Alison said...

Good parenting and communicating! Sand in her lunchbox reminds me of the pounds of sand in your sneakers you used to come home with. There was always sand in your shoes and your socks.

Mandi said...

Thanks Ali! The sand in her lunch box is minimal compared to the sand in her shoes and socks. I remember sand in my shoes. She is going for the gold compared to the silver I brought home.