Thursday, July 31, 2008

Summer Tennis Lessons

Audrey has been begging us for tennis lessons. We live in a city that has perfect weather for tennis ALL YEAR LONG. A few months back, I discovered Tierrasanta Tennis Club. There was a free lesson day. Robert took Audrey and she loved it. So, when I saw that MCCS Sports was having tennis lesson this summer I signed her up. She isn't loving it so much anymore, but I seriously doubt it is because of the sport its self. These tennis lessons are far from what I would call stellar. There are 20ish kids (many have not come since the first week) and only 2 coaches and 2 courts. This makes for a lot of standing around, and waiting in line time, as opposed to playing/learning time.
The coaches, bless their volotolding hearts, are not tennis players. They both work for MCCS Sports, and one of them is the assistant youth coordinator, or something like that. He is normally a great guy, and wonderful during soccer seasons, but tennis is not is forte'. Needless to say, Audrey still wants to take more lessons, even as tennis comes to a close...but now she is specific, she wants to take them from the Tierrasanta Tennis Club.

I did manage to get an action shot!


No comments: