Watching Concrete Dry
Today myself and all the kids spend the day at 'the lot'; along with my Mother. The concrete was poured today. It was really interesting to see. Shows are well practiced, lines are memorized, blocking is worked out time and time again, lights are places, sets are build, etc. The pouring of concrete is just the same. Team work, constant 100% effort. What really caught my eye was the dance that two workers participated in when dragging the 2x4 across the top of the wet concrete. drag, pull back foot, push forward on the surface, drag. Each step, each move was done in complete unison as their partner. Not once did they speak to each other. Just an observation.
The girls had a great time. Playing, climbing, digging, watching, talking (read: bugging) workers. PJ did not take a single nap, that whole refuses to sleep in strange places thing of her's, as a result she has been in bed for the last 6 hours. At this point I hope she just remains asleep until morning.
Just before we left the almost dried concrete house/lot today, Alison joined us to leave our mark. Our own Hollywood Star if you will. So forever on the floor of my Dad's workshop is the right hand prints of his daughters, and his granddaughter.
1 comment:
I just found your blog on Twitter Moms and I love it! I think we may have a few things in common. I hope we can keep in touch. Take care!
Post a Comment