Friday, January 16, 2009

Water Water Everywhere and Not a Drop to Drink

Water Water Everywhere- and not a drop to drink.

That is exactly how I am feeling right now. I am searching for the perfect mom/family calendar/planner. I am so frustrated! Literally I have spent the last hour scouring the web searching for the worlds perfect planner, and have come to the conclusion, that it does not exist!

There are so many calendars. Printable, custom, add pages, desk top, portable, wall mounted...the list goes on and on and on... you get the idea.

Am I being unreasonable? Asking for the perfect calendar?
What I would like in a calendar:
*weekly and monthly views
*blank note pad

That's it!

What I don't need in a calendar;
*grocery shopping list
*address book
*time blocks on the weekly pages

In full disclosure- I found one I like. http://www.trulymom.com/shop/index.php?cPath=23
I think it is too expensive and I know that I will not use the address book. (I have an actual address book)

Some might say, "Why not use your blackberry/pda/cell as your planner"? I have thought on this for some time. I like the paper. I also like to keep my old planners, just in case. (I have pulled out years past calendars helping my attorney with dates and such). I guess I am a bit intimidated to put not only my schedule on an electronic device but also the girls' schedules.
Will this turn me into an old lady who doesn't keep up with the times, and doesn't know how to use the devices of the day? At least I know how to turn on the computer.

So if you love your personal calendar: tell me about it.

No comments: