Thursday, January 1, 2009

Giving Support

For the last few months, my ability to give support has been stretched, more than I ever though it would be; more than I thought it could be. But stretch it did. And just as if it were a Gumby doll it stretched, with ease. This ease has amazed me, and I give my thanks for it daily, multiple times a day!

I was once told by a brilliant woman, that a big catastrophe has the ability to use up all the bad energy/karma, leaving a clean slate for a wonderful new beginning.

Tonight I had to teach this to my daughters. Stretching Gumby, even farther. Again there is drama and turmoil in their lives that I can not protect them from. We don't talk about some of the grimy details- we don't label- I am the stepmother. I often think of being a SM as being bi-polar (I mean no disrespect to those with the disease, or those affected by someone with the disease) high HIGH's and low LOW's. Tonight was a low, a super low.

My girls called their biomom. Just like they do ever week. This call they were given some terribly upsetting news. One spend almost an hour yelling and crying, the large uncontrollable hail tears. The other found a new role, that had recently become vacated by her sister, the sympathy roll. The ladder scares me the most because she also chooses not to acknowledge her own feelings, and in listening to her- makes excuses, justifies the choices that caused her and her sisters pain and hurt.

Either way, Gumby stretched, and stretched and stretched and stretched...

I hope the lesson I called upon to help my girls thru this dark time, on the verge of a new year, not only helps them, but truly wipes the slate clean for them. They are young, and have minimal if any karmic debt to pay off. In their short little lives they have been dragged thru the mud by some that have, imho, walked a fine line tempting karma over and over and over again. And just to be clear I truly believe that karma has begun getting her debt paid to her, and will continue to do so until karma deems the debt paid in full. I know this year holds beautiful, magical, fantastic things. I know this evening has helped my girls, in many ways. What I ask for is enough stretch to continue to give support until we are completely thru this low, and back into 'normal' life again, back into higher lows and lower highs; all that come from being a family with a preteen and late adolescent.

"If God brings you to it, He will bring you thru it".

1 comment:

beckyb said...

Many, many hugs Mandi! If anyone can help them through troubled times it would be you!