Last night I was able to spend sometime with two good friends. Sonia, who was just in town a few weeks working at Naval Medical Center Balboa. Fingers crossed she will get to come back in June for a full peds rotation. Kelianna, who lives here in town but between my/kids schedule and her work/school schedule had not yet gotten together. But last night that all came to an end. Sonia leaves today, so it was yesterday or nothing. And the girls and I were all willing to skip soccer so I could have a few hours with my girlfriends. It turned out just great.
I pulled Jazmin out of soccer 15 minutes early, fed them McD's, and jetted home to take a shower and change my clothes. At 7:30 both my friends arrived and met PJ. We chatted a bit, and caught up, we left for The Cheesecake Factory. I had no idea the it would be busy at 8ish on a Wednesday night. After a short wait we were seated and just like it should be with true friends not a beat was missed, in having not seen each other in sometime.
PJ sat and ate with us, and then because it was getting late, she was super tired. I put her in her sling thinking she would fall asleep, but she was so tired she started to play with the back of the booth seat. I had not had much of a chance to eat yet. Sonia, ended up taking PJ. She, meaning PJ not Sonia, fell asleep. And the three of us had wonderful conversations, covering everything from politics, marriage, kids, vaccines, traveling, cell phones, school, family, change(how change is the only thing that never changes0 and so much more.
Sonia even made me feel better about PJ's vocubulary. Not that I was feeling bad about it. I have been concerned that she has not really started to talk yet. Sonia was able to see her talking. And explained to me that she was right on track. PJ says words, but that they are not completely understandable, but there is definite word there. She makes a sound something like dog, and it is clear to me (and now Sonia and Kelianna) that she is talking about Patch, the Dog. So, while I know PJ's doctor has told me she is right where she should be, now my friend, who happens to now be a Doctor, has told me that PJ is not behind.
Spending time with my friends, connecting with them helped me connect to myself, and fill my soul. PJ and I are tired because we were up so late, but I (and she) know it was worth it! And we would do it again in a heartbeat! Can't wait to see you again ladies!
Our group is a group of 5, last night we were 3, we will be together when we can, and someday, all 5 of us will be in the same place at the same time, and we will all sit together and fill each other's souls.
1 comment:
That sounds ... just, really. really. nice :). I'm glad you got to spend time with good friends. I wish I could come spend time with you, too, and just chat til the wee hours.
Post a Comment