Sunday, October 26, 2008

Random thoughts

As I lay in bed, while sleep eludes me, I find that I have several random thoughts. I suddenly remember why I don't like watching the news. The news started about 45 minutes ago. There has been about 5 minutes of actual news, and the rest have been split between sports- why are the Chargers and other football teams playing in England? and weather- give me a break, we live in San Diego, it's going to be sunny! and finally commercials- all political. ALL OF THEM! Which brings me to my next random thought. I am excited to vote in this election. There are a lot of issues this time around, that I feel passionately about. I am however extremely tired of the campaigning, on all levels! (well, except for SNL!) Do these late night, last minute commercials really make a difference? Did the debates really make a difference. After the last presidential debate, on The View, Barbara Walters asked if the debate made anyone in the audience change or make up their mind about who to vote for. Now I don't know the max capacity of the audience, but there were only 3. THREE! I don't think the debates and the commercials make that much of difference. I feel like I am part of a demographic that no one really speaks to. I am a military spouse. I am a member of Gen X. I am a member of the group that Rock the Vote started out targeting. Now that they have some of us voting, why do the politicians not speak to us? Which brings me back to what I have always felt about politics that I don't want to get involved... but I think I am going to update my feelings on the issue, and take my que from my brother-in-law Chris, who says, "Shhhh. We don't talk about politics'.

Give me a break, the last 10 minutes have been on the Chargers playing in England. WTH? Why are they in England and why does the new have to continue to discuss it this long? Not even a shooting was talking about for this long. Nope, that got one whole minute at the start of the show. Which by the way, I think I may know someone who was involved in it. But I will have to check with my Mom and get back to you on that.

1 comment:

T. Bortz said...

Oh my gosh! I agree, there's so much irrelevant crap on TV! I have to limit my exposure to the news, otherwise I get paranoid and nervous. Although, I have to say, this election is pretty exciting. I wonder what will happen?