Friday, October 31, 2008

H A double L O W double E N spells Halloween!

From Pictures for Blog

H A double L O W double E N spells Halloween!

That was a song I sang in the 2nd grade. Try it. Say it out loud. It's kinda hard, and kinda funny all at the same time. I remember singing it in class and we each had a letter to hold up, when we got to our letter in the song. The things the mind remembers.

From Pictures for Blog

PJ wanted to tell you all Happy Halloween!

Our Halloween night was fun filled and jam packed. First was our dinner. I made Pumpkin Cream Sauce Tortellini's. Super good!
From Pictures for Blog


Then I tried taking a picture of everyone all dressed up, but umm... that didn't work so well. Here are my attempts.
From Pictures for Blog

From Pictures for Blog


That was it. I gave up. I knew I was racking leaves in the wind. Jazmin was a 'Ancient Egyptian Goddess'. I think her make up turned out pretty well, if I can toot my own horn for a minute.
From Pictures for Blog


Audrey was a flapper from the '20's. She must have thought that it was totally obscure because she kept asking everyone if they knew what she was. And was totally shocked when they all knew she was a flapper. (shh... it is her tap costume from last year repurposed. All we did was add a boa, head band and boots, and took away the tap shoes). But in the end she really loved it!
From Pictures for Blog


So, obviously PJ did not 'do' trick or treatin'. I pushed her in her stroller as we walked the neighborhood. But still, she looks so cute. This is the same costume as last year... still too big.
From Pictures for Blog

From Pictures for Blog


2 comments:

T. Bortz said...

Oh wow ... the girls look GORGEOUS. Jazmin is already a young lady :).

Do you have the recipe for your pumpkin cream tortellini? It looks sooo good.

Alison said...

Sounds like you guys had fun. I wish I had remembered how people sit in their front porch/driveway for the trick-or-treaters. That would have been more fun than running from the living room, but we were still cooking dinner most of the time the doorbell was ringing!